Parental involvement is an essential component of the school’s quality education. Every parent/guardian at WMS is a member of the Family Alliance (FA). Upon student enrollment, each WMS family agrees to be an active volunteer of the school, committing to a minimum of 20 volunteer hours.
The role of the Family Alliance is to cultivate the growth and development of the Woodinville Montessori community by pursuing the following goals:
- Enhance communications among parents/guardians, faculty, staff, and the school’s Board of Trustees;
- Serve as a vehicle of parent involvement in support of WMS students, teachers, staff, and classroom programs/activities;
- Build a sense of community among the WMS families, teachers, and staff, and to create a "family atmosphere" through social events;
- Promote community involvement and positive public awareness of the school by helping to organize our involvement in community service and community celebrations;
- Facilitate and promote fundraising with the school’s Advancement Office for school program enrichment and operation of the school; and
- Acknowledge and represent all members of our community.
For over 20 years, the members of our Family Alliance have been innovative and responsive to the needs of the school while using the school’s mission as a guide for all activities. We encourage all of our families to participate however they can with the many events/activities at the school. Each year, a Parent Participation Form is circulated to new and returning WMS families during the registration period for the following year. For more information about these opportunities or to suggest alternatives, please contact Dagny Cook at 425-482-3184.
All parents/ guardians, faculty, and staff are welcome to attend Family Alliance meetings which are an excellent source of information to understand what is happening in the WMS Family Alliance.
If you are interested learning more about our vibrant Family Alliance please explore our portion of the website. You will find information about our various committees and how to get involved.